DS Down Under Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DS Down Under Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin

Go down 
+9
Kat
caspearson
Joee
missyflower
Biddy
Di
Amarlismum
Aden's mummy
~Danni~
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
~Danni~
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
~Danni~

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Empty
PostSubject: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeThu 4 Sep 2008 - 19:54

I really like this lady. Her youngest child, son Trig, 4 months was born with Down Syndrome and was diagnosed prenatally. My mum told me about it when we were talking about how her oldest daughter, who is 17 is pregnant and unmarried and how the US press etc are making a huge deal about it. Im sure they wouldve made a huger deal had she terminated her baby son. Anyway, I saw the little fella on the news today, oh he is gorgeous Wub And what was even cuter was that his older sister was busy cuddling him and fixing his hair during one of the campaign speeches their mum was doing.

Just thought Id share.

Last edited by ~Danni~ on Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 8:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mummytobe.blogspot.com/
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

Number of posts : 1941
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeThu 4 Sep 2008 - 22:55

you have to see this her daughter is looking after him while she gives a speech. she spits on her hand and pats his hair down
too cute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV_wfsL_50o
Back to top Go down
http://4ever-blessed.blogspot.com/
~Danni~
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
~Danni~

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 7:19

Yeah I saw that yesterday on the news, too cute.
Back to top Go down
Amarlismum
Chatzilla
Chatzilla
Amarlismum

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 7:46

Quote :
I really like this lady.

Maybe if you lived in the US you wouldnt. Apparently she is one of the people that voted against better "health care" deals for people with special needs.
Back to top Go down
~Danni~
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
~Danni~

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 7:55

I didnt say I liked her policies, Im saying I like the fact she had a child with DS and kept it Rolling Eyes

Sheesh I didnt mention it to start a political debate! I couldnt give a rats what her policies were, cant I just mention that I like a person because they found out prenatally that they had a child with DS and didnt have a termination? Perhaps she isnt the ideal candidate for VP role (and I couldnt really give a stuff anyway, I dont live there,) but she looks to me to be a lovely mother.

Back to regular programming....

Last edited by ~Danni~ on Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 8:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Di
Addict
Addict
Di

Number of posts : 443

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 7:59

I don't like her at all and don't agree with any of her political views/stance. I do however love that her little boy is on display for all the world to see - being loved, embraced, looking gorgeous. DS =doom and gloom? Not in the slightest. I could thank her a million times over for that.

But her political views? No thanks.

Last edited by Di on Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 8:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://smallactsofkindness-dovic.blogspot.com/
Amarlismum
Chatzilla
Chatzilla
Amarlismum

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 8:17

Quote :
Sheesh I didnt mention it to start a political debate! I couldnt give a rats what her policies were, cant I just mention that I like a person because they found out prenatally that they had a child with DS and didnt have a termination?
Yes you definately can but dont get offended when other people also voice their opinions.And who said it was a political debate? I dont live in the US i couldnt give a stuff either.
Yes i agree kudos to her for keeping her son but just because you are the mum of a special needs child doesnt necessarly make you a good person. What do you think it would have done to her political career if she had of terminated and the bloody media got hold of that? Just a thought!

Quote :
I do however love that her little boy is on display for all the world to see - being loved, embraced, looking gorgeous. DS =doom and gloom? Not in the slightest. I could thank her a million times over for that.
Di i agree i think its great but i also hope he is not used as her "ticket" IYKWIM
Back to top Go down
Biddy
Regular
Regular
Biddy

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 8:17

I agree Robyn, although to say she cut funding is a little inaccurate, its more like slashing it - something like 62%. At the time she was an aunt of a special needs child - so would think she would have known the consequences.

Danni, I agree her son is gorgeous but I think we have to get over the "isn't he gorgeous he has down syndrome" mentality. We all want our children to be treated the same as others and having the possible VP of USA parading her child around makes me wonder if it won't do more harm than good. Like she is going for a particular vote. Sorry I'm rather sceptical when it comes to politics doh!
Back to top Go down
Amarlismum
Chatzilla
Chatzilla
Amarlismum

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 8:21

Quote :
although to say she cut funding is a little inaccurate, its more like slashing it - something like 62%. At the time she was an aunt of a special needs child - so would think she would have known the consequences.

Sorry, yeh i knew it was something to do with funding/healthcare. Like i said im not into their policies.
Back to top Go down
Biddy
Regular
Regular
Biddy

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 8:24

No neither am I, just googled it to see what it was all about.

Sorry Danni, I'm going to be picky here but I have just found out that she also isn't a US Senator. She is/was the Governor of Alaska.
Back to top Go down
~Danni~
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
~Danni~

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 8:31

Whatever!

I just think that some of us have to lighten up a bit and not think that because she has a child with DS that she is "using" him to gain votes.

What is the woman supposed to do? Leave him home alone? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Di
Addict
Addict
Di

Number of posts : 443

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 8:32

I have to be honest and I say I couldn't give a hoot about whether someone has a DS child or not when deciding whether I like them. I do think that she he is parading him no more and no less than her other kids though, so I'd like to think she's not using him but rather treating him the same as her other kids which is what I'm pleased about. I would hope that the misinformed would be thinking 'oh look wow, he's out and about, can't be that bad'...that sort of thing. I think politicians use their whole family, but pleased to see he is being treated like any member of his family iykwim. The more we see of him the better (ie along with however much we see her other kiddies)

In terms of policies I think we should be aware of what's going on in America as such a large political power but as we have no voting influence I suppose it makes no difference. Like I said I don't agree with any of her policies and would be dismayed to no end to think that someone with her views could get the popular vote. But stranger things have happened.

Sorry I know no-one wanted to turn this into a political debate but I think if we see the DS we should see the broader picture as well (and like I said, I'm, more than happy to see the DS Smile)

Last edited by Di on Fri 5 Sep 2008 - 8:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://smallactsofkindness-dovic.blogspot.com/
~Danni~
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
~Danni~

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 8:35

Quote :
I do think that she he is parading him no more and no less than her other kids though, so I'd like to think she's not using him but rather treating him the same as her other kids which is what I'm pleased about

You hit the nail on the head Di!

When I saw him I didnt think "Oh, now she wants votes thats why she is parading him around" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Amarlismum
Chatzilla
Chatzilla
Amarlismum

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 8:55

Quote :
I just think that some of us have to lighten up a bit and not think that because she has a child with DS that she is "using" him to gain votes.

True but as far as i can see nobody said she was, what was said was that I hoped she wasnt.
and some of us need to take our own advice too.
Back to top Go down
~Danni~
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
~Danni~

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 9:03

Rolling Eyes

maybe I shouldnt have said anything since its opened a can of worms
Back to top Go down
missyflower
Addict
Addict
missyflower

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 9:23

Quote :
Just thought Id share.

Nothing wrong with that Danni. Isn't that what this forum is all about? If yah can't share a story about DS here, then where do yah go?

Quite frankly I couldn't give a Rats either. I don't wake up every morning wondering what Sarah Palins up to, or even Kevin Rudd for that matter. Unless anyone knows Sarah Palins personally, how do we know she's parading him for the votes?

We're all different, come from different backgrounds, with different opinions and beliefs and I guess we just have to respect that.
Back to top Go down
~Danni~
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
~Danni~

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 9:33

Thankyou!! Thats all I was doing, just sharing! as I said, I didnt want it to get into a debate about what she is or isnt doing to her son.
Back to top Go down
Biddy
Regular
Regular
Biddy

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 9:35

I agree with Lis, Danni, that you should have placed this here and shared as this is the right place for it.

I also think Di summed it up well and I agree with her most wholeheartedly
Back to top Go down
Amarlismum
Chatzilla
Chatzilla
Amarlismum

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 9:49

Even though we all had different opinions about Sarah Palin's views, the overall concensus was that we all like seeing her son Lots of love
Quote :
I also think Di summed it up well and I agree with her most wholeheartedly
Ditto
Back to top Go down
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

Number of posts : 1941
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 10:03

Oh my goodness that got messy, Hugs Danni.
I read a lot of positive stuff about her on the USA forum. Her speech was awesome apparently
. When I get time I’m going to Google see if I can find it. She sounds amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://4ever-blessed.blogspot.com/
~Danni~
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
~Danni~

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 10:42

my heart melted when I saw how lovingly his sister was holding him Wub and fixing his hair! I dont know about her choice of names though, Trig, I mean Wtf
Back to top Go down
Biddy
Regular
Regular
Biddy

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 10:53

Danni, I thought that was gorgeous too.

As for his name, each to their own, but all her kids have "unusual" names.
Back to top Go down
~Danni~
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
~Danni~

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 10:58

Yeah, true, Bristol is her eldest daughter's name, thats not too bad, Im wondering if Trig is short for something else though?
Back to top Go down
missyflower
Addict
Addict
missyflower

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 11:27

Quote :
Even though we all had different opinions about Sarah Palin's views, the overall concensus was that we all like seeing her son Lots of love

Yes, he's a beautiful cute bubba, I think thats what we need to remember more importantly. I've just watched the youtube flick again, he's adorable. I'd like to see that more.
Back to top Go down
Joee
Joee

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitimeFri 5 Sep 2008 - 12:38

I was reading the newspaper today (maybe the Courier Mail) and it talked about Palin's family and briefly mentioned that her fifth child has down syndrome. I was intrigued because I haven't been really paying attention to news and TV lately (except for Australian Idol ;p) so I googled her up and came across these articles:

http://www.adn.com/626/story/382864.html

Danni, this article might answer where his name comes from Smile

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=64876
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin   Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Govenor Of Alaska Sarah Palin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next