DS Down Under Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DS Down Under Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I wonder if taking the kids made the differance?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

Number of posts : 1941
Registration date : 2008-01-25

I wonder if taking the kids made the differance? Empty
PostSubject: I wonder if taking the kids made the differance?   I wonder if taking the kids made the differance? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009 - 10:53

A few months ago I posted, how another mum and I took our kids off to a Summit in a near by town Dysart
I was terrified that I’d have to get up on stage and talk in front of the 140 people from the mining industry, rural sector, local communities and local government. Premier and Minister for Infrastructure and Planning, Paul Lucas. Lucky I didn’t we broke up into forum groups. Not sure what they all thought of these two mums, turning up with 3 kids. Hahha we sent most of the time walking the foyer, trying to keep the kids quite. Mostly they were great. I’m sure most people were nervous how the kids would go, I dont know maybe it was the way the smiled at us, after looking at the children.
Who takes kids to a summit? Lol desperate mumma’s, that is who.

The issues I nervously raised, in the group forum, were Parks, Heated pools, and Allied health services. Tried to be clear that it wasn’t just about having Allied health services. That if we had decent parks climbing equipment…that we would be at least equipped to help our own children.
The idea was, I know we need Allied health survives but it’s not coming any time soon. There simply aren’t any and it’s something that needs to be address but will be years and years away.
more here blog post Our first Summit

Our forum was Social and community discussion group
Attachment 5, Page 11 http://www.dip.qld.gov.au/resources/report/resource-summits/dysart-resource-summit-report.pdf
I felt listened to. Then this week while driving into town, we seen proof of that. A new Playground was being put in.
Yesterday it was open for use, yes I’ve been driving past everyday waiting for it to open
The kids had so much fun, ADEN had so much fun. Matthew always enjoys the park, there are quite a few parks in town suitable for him. This is the only park suitable for Aden. But how I cried to see them both playing along side each other. Boy did I cry, lol I couldn’t stop Aden was on his feet so much.
Think we will be there every afternoon.

See photo's here
http://4ever-blessed.blogspot.com/2009/07/i-wonder-if-kids-made-difference.html
Back to top Go down
http://4ever-blessed.blogspot.com/
Tigger
Mentor
Mentor
Tigger

Number of posts : 1095
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if taking the kids made the differance?   I wonder if taking the kids made the differance? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2009 - 16:27

That is so cool!!!!! How amazing that someone actually listened Shocked . I love love love the pics of the kids playing at the park!!
Back to top Go down
rlq02
Chin Wagger
Chin Wagger
rlq02

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if taking the kids made the differance?   I wonder if taking the kids made the differance? Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009 - 18:09

Fantastic!
Back to top Go down
NiksWil
Regular
Regular
NiksWil

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if taking the kids made the differance?   I wonder if taking the kids made the differance? Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2009 - 18:48

Thats so great for the boys (and you!!!)
They look so very happy playing together. Your Aden sure is too cute!!
Now I hope there is a take-away coffee place on the way there for you.
coffee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wonder if taking the kids made the differance?   I wonder if taking the kids made the differance? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I wonder if taking the kids made the differance?
Page 1 of 1