DS Down Under Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DS Down Under Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kb
kb

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill Empty
PostSubject: Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill   Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jan 2010 - 6:41

I love reading mysteries and tried out this book which is one of a series set in Laos. I do purposely read a lot of books about Down syndrome but I didn't realise until I was reading this that one of the main characters in the series has Down syndrome! I haven't read the others yet in the series, but in this book he (Geung) features throughout the book. He works in the morgue with the head coroner (who solves the mysteries) with the help of his assistant (Nurse Dtui). There are a lot of spirits around so it may not be to everyone's taste, but there is a lot of discussion about how Geung has been treated in his life and it is a very positive character. Has anyone else read any of the other books?
Kathi B
Mother of Amy(9)
Blue Mountains NSW
Back to top Go down
shelley
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
shelley

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill   Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2010 - 7:50

Whoo Hoo - thanks for posting this one - I love to read - and am now hoping DH gets back from the shops soon so I can pop into our local library to see if they have this one on hand. Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
http://shamptons.blogspot.com/
shelley
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
shelley

PostSubject: Re: Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill   Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010 - 7:09

I have now read the Coronors Lunch (thanks to Phil's Kindle) and just bought Anarchy and old Dogs - I am enjoying them very much - Mr Geung with DS is a bonus - thanks for the recommendation.
Back to top Go down
Di
Addict
Addict
Di

Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill   Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010 - 12:49

Phils got a kindle???? Oh doooo tell...is it great??? What sort and would you recommend??
Back to top Go down
http://smallactsofkindness-dovic.blogspot.com/
kb
kb

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill   Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb 2010 - 16:06

I'll have to read the series. Wish I had a Kindle but now with so many e-readers coming out I have hesitated to buy one until I work out what I want. So does Mr Geung feature prominently in the others in the series?
Kathi
(Amy's mum)
Back to top Go down
shelley
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
shelley

PostSubject: Re: Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill   Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb 2010 - 17:59

I love the kindle - when we have enough spare cash I will put in an order for one for me. It is a good size and very easy to read because it isn't backlit. Ordering on line is a breeze. I have only read 1 and a half (although I have bought another one - in case I got extra reading time in hospital Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill Icon_rolleyes which I didn't get any of at all really Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill Icon_cry ) Mr Geung is in all of them and his having DS is specifically mentioned but he hasn't been a major part in any of them as yet - I just like them overall - they are a relaxing read - standard sort of mystery but with enough little extras or differences to make them stand out - or that's what I think anyway Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill Icon_biggrin .
Back to top Go down
caspearson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
caspearson

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill   Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb 2010 - 21:16

<--- not much of a reader Razz

I'm scared

Sounds like you've found some excellent books Very Happy I love that there are so many books that feature Down syndrome these days. And in a positive light! Do you have a link to it somewhere online?

Cas
Back to top Go down
http://pearsonspalladium.spaces.live.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill   Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disco for the Departed by Colin Cotterill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Down Under Forum :: Main - Public Access :: Recommended Reading-
Jump to: