DS Down Under Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DS Down Under Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Folate may 'keep sperm healthy'

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Folate may 'keep sperm healthy' Empty
PostSubject: Folate may 'keep sperm healthy'   Folate may 'keep sperm healthy' Icon_minitimeFri 21 Mar 2008 - 7:45

BBC News (UK) - 20 Mar 2008

Quote :
A diet rich in the vitamin folate may protect men against producing abnormal sperm and children with genetic abnormalities, a study suggests.
Researchers found high dietary folate was linked to lower levels of sperm with the wrong number of chromosomes.

Folate, also protective against birth defects, is found in leafy green vegetables, fruit and pulses.

The study, by the University of California, Berkeley, features in the journal Human Reproduction...

read more...
Back to top Go down
https://dsdownunder.forumakers.com/
caspearson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
caspearson

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Folate may 'keep sperm healthy' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Folate may 'keep sperm healthy'   Folate may 'keep sperm healthy' Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2008 - 23:57

Well, this is news. But not. Healthy diet keeps body healthy (including sperm) hehehe. What I find interesting is when doctors say things like "How did she get it/Who did she get it from?" I actually had a doctor ask me this (actually I can't remember his EXACT wording) and I just said, "Well, no-one knows, it's just a freak of nature" and he said, "Oh it was probably maternal as it most commonly is" Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked I beg your pardon!!!

Perhaps he was thinking she had translocation DS??

Cas
Back to top Go down
http://pearsonspalladium.spaces.live.com/

Folate may 'keep sperm healthy'
Page 1 of 1