DS Down Under Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DS Down Under Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Making a Case for Life: A new definition of perfection

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kiwiaussie
Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
kiwiaussie

Number of posts : 903
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Making a Case for Life: A new definition of perfection Empty
PostSubject: Making a Case for Life: A new definition of perfection   Making a Case for Life: A new definition of perfection Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb 2010 - 22:22

Back to top Go down
http://imag-e-nation.webs.com
kb
kb

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Making a Case for Life: A new definition of perfection   Making a Case for Life: A new definition of perfection Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010 - 17:51

I'm reading it now and it is interesting. It is written by a nurse who works with people with intellectual disabilities and although she is not anti-abortion per se, she thinks people with Down syndrome should not be aborted just because they have Down syndrome. She lists the common myths about why people with Down syndrome are a "burden" and dismisses them all with facts. There is a interview with an adult with Down syndrome about her life. I am at that part right now and I am looking forward to the end when they discuss the idea of perfection. I think it is worth reading. I'm not sure who she is aiming the book at--doctors maybe? I think all of us on this forum would not be the target audience as we are already "the converted" but it might be good for family members that don't get it and maybe we would feel good having our feelings confirmed. I know I am enjoying it.
Kathi
Mother of Amy 9 (DS) and her 2 big brothers, William(22) and Jeremy (19)
Back to top Go down
caspearson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
caspearson

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Making a Case for Life: A new definition of perfection   Making a Case for Life: A new definition of perfection Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar 2010 - 22:43

Sounds interesting! I'll have to add it to the list... might have to take a couple of books away with me next holiday.... (and before next semester starts)

Cas
Back to top Go down
http://pearsonspalladium.spaces.live.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a Case for Life: A new definition of perfection   Making a Case for Life: A new definition of perfection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making a Case for Life: A new definition of perfection
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Down Under Forum :: Main - Public Access :: Recommended Reading-
Jump to: