DS Down Under Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DS Down Under Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Great kids book

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Amarlismum
Chatzilla
Chatzilla
Amarlismum

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Great kids book Empty
PostSubject: Great kids book   Great kids book Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008 - 12:28

"Be good to Eddie Lee" by Virginia Fleming.
This is a great kids book probably for ages 7 to 12
I got my daughter who's nearly 10 (2days and counting) to read it and she even commented after she'd finished that it was a really good book, without me even asking.
Great kids book Eastershowandgirls108-1

Great kids book Eastershowandgirls109-1that came out blurry here's what it says
Christy and JimBud think Eddie Lee, a boy with Down syndrome, is a nuisance, but when he follows them into the woods one afternoon, his understanding of nature leads them to the most amazing discoveries of the day.
REVIEWS: What makes this book so effective are the carefully selected details and authentic portrayol of the children's attitudes - as well as Coopers luminous art, summoning up all enchantment of a lovely summer day and presenting Eddie Lee as believably endearing. Kirkus Reviews

A sweet and pure story of friendship and growing up. The children's book review service

A book that can lead children away from harmful stereotypes and labels. Book links
Back to top Go down
shelley
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
shelley

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Great kids book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great kids book   Great kids book Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008 - 13:00

Great - I'll definitely keep an eye out for it - thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://shamptons.blogspot.com/
Amarlismum
Chatzilla
Chatzilla
Amarlismum

Great kids book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great kids book   Great kids book Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008 - 21:56

I dont know if your library will order it in for you but i got my Borders bookshop to get it in for me. It wasnt expensive either i only paid $9.95. I've actually got Borders to order me in a few kids books with the story line having a Ds Awareness ribbon theme clap clap clap
I want Amarli to be able to read about kids just like her when she's older Cool as i dont know how much contact she will have with other kiddies like her Rolling Eyes
I did the same for my other kids as in i got them Aboriginal story books so that they would learn about their culture at the same time as enjoying reading. Unfortunately i gave them all away doh! so now i'll have to buy them again too Banging head
Back to top Go down
shelley
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
shelley

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Great kids book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great kids book   Great kids book Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008 - 23:02

Yep - I think that is a great idea - I bought I Can - which is a really simple little book that the twins loved - it has pictures of young children with DS in it. I too want to build up a bit of a library for them. I have heard some people rave about Paint the Octopus Red? I haven't got it yet. There are some lovely Aboriginal sotries around too - We are not Aboriginal but I have a couple of juvenile fiction ones just for me - oh and a lovely Alice in Wonderland theme written in an Aboriginal language with English translations. I love books!
Back to top Go down
http://shamptons.blogspot.com/
caspearson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
caspearson

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Great kids book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great kids book   Great kids book Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr 2008 - 23:14

We borrowed the Paint the Octopus Red book. I personally can't see what everyone's raving about? I like "Daniel" better....but I'd be happy to have both books in our library because we've only borrowed both. I'm a great supporter of my local library and also the DSAWA library when I can get to it lol.....Check out the Activ Foundation library too. Do you have that in your state?

Cas
Back to top Go down
http://pearsonspalladium.spaces.live.com/
Amarlismum
Chatzilla
Chatzilla
Amarlismum

Great kids book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great kids book   Great kids book Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr 2008 - 17:34

Quote :
I love books!
Me too clap clap clap
I have ordered "I Can, Paint the Octopus and Worst best brother" and when i get them i'll order more doh!
I gave all my kids books away years ago as i thought i was done having kids Rolling Eyes
Where do you get the Alice in Wonderland one from it sounds great.
Cas whats the Activ Foundation Library? I have a good library but i hate giving them back Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great kids book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great kids book   Great kids book Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great kids book
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Down Under Forum :: Main - Public Access :: Recommended Reading-
Jump to: