DS Down Under Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DS Down Under Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toys etc

Go down 
+9
Tammy
kookaburra
MillyMoo
shelley
caspearson
Tigger
Aden's mummy
Kat
Amarlismum
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
caspearson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
caspearson

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008 - 15:02

Ok I have to post my kids' toys. I don't think we have heaps but it may just be that they're spread out.

Toys etc - Page 2 Th_Photo47
This is our bookshelf in the lounge - the two bottom shelves in the middle (including 3 black boxes) and the bottom shelf (above the brown cupboard).

Toys etc - Page 2 Th_Photo58
This is our 'computer nook' - just a couple of things...

Toys etc - Page 2 Th_Photo49
This is in our 'playroom' - the kids' books

Toys etc - Page 2 Th_Photo50
This is the other corner in our playroom...

Toys etc - Page 2 Th_Photo56
This is the boys' room

Toys etc - Page 2 Th_Photo57
The other end of the boys' room.

Cas
Back to top Go down
http://pearsonspalladium.spaces.live.com/
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

Number of posts : 1941

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008 - 15:41

yes cas you have heaps just spread out. ours are spread out now to the clean room never lasted.
Back to top Go down
http://4ever-blessed.blogspot.com/
Amarlismum
Chatzilla
Chatzilla
Amarlismum

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008 - 15:50

Quote :
I’ve not seen a Thumbelina doll which one is it?
this is her, but she is a little one, do you know that she is worth about $150/200 as she still works and does have her original clothes. You pulled a string in her back and she wiggles. Who else has kept their stuff for their kids? My dolls are worth quiet abit now. The ones on the shelves Cathy are all from overseas and are very hard to find here.
Toys etc - Page 2 Amarlisitting058-1
And here is Amarli's toys in one corner of her room, notice how her sister donated all her care bears to her.

Toys etc - Page 2 Amarlisitting059-1

And well what can i say about the wardrobe Rolling Eyes notice how i didnt take a pic of the top shelf ROFL but in my defence it, some of the clothes have to come out for my DD's baby due in Sept. And some toys are packed away till Amarli is older. And i didnt even take pics of the loungeroom I'm scared
Toys etc - Page 2 Amarlisitting060-1
Back to top Go down
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008 - 17:35

Quote :
this is her, but she is a little one, do you know that she is worth about $150/200
she is beautiful I want her

Yep I imagine you could get even more for her than that too. If I didn’t have a DH I would offer you more than you could refuse

My sister paid $75 for one little Strawberry short cake I’ll post some of her DD’s room so you can the see Strawberry shortcake collection.
Back to top Go down
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008 - 17:36

can I just say I love toys and lovvvveeeee....... this thread

Last edited by Aden's mummy on Mon 16 Jun 2008 - 17:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008 - 17:53

These are the ones that were around when we were kids except the ones on the self above her Daughters bed, she has all the horses too and she still has many of these in boxes (doubles to what is in the bedroom) in the shed

They live in the dolls house
Toys etc - Page 2 100_42285
on the second shelf of bookshelf
Toys etc - Page 2 100_42343
Under the top of the dolls house
Toys etc - Page 2 100_42317
On the pelmet
Toys etc - Page 2 100_42442
One on the floor and on the bed
Toys etc - Page 2 100_42386
One on her bed
Toys etc - Page 2 100_42474
And on a shelf
Toys etc - Page 2 100_42431
My niece also has one of those “My Child dolls” that they make to look like the child it’s pretty good also
Back to top Go down
Amarlismum
Chatzilla
Chatzilla
Amarlismum

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008 - 19:33

Mundi's room use to look like that ROFL i think we have some of those Strawberry Shortcake dolls here too. I've packed heaps away and will have to cull them soon. Mundi also had everything that you could buy for baby born doh! . And those dolls with the big eyes on your nieces shelf we have about six of those i'm just about to put them on ebay and sell them. I have a My Child from one of the big girls put away and remember those bloody cabbage patch dolls, got an original of those too. Dolls are my down fall I'm scared but i like the old ones.
Quote :
can I just say I love toys and lovvvveeeee....... this thread
me too i'll post you a pic of the dolls that i made.
And i have all my brothers matchbox cars too ROFL
Back to top Go down
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008 - 19:40

Robyn wait dont put them on ebay till you email me some pics and I pass onto my sister
I wish I could cut lose and buy up but my DH would never allow it.

I love The little mermaid and would love to collect them, oh how much I love the little mermaid sigh
Back to top Go down
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008 - 19:50

Quote :
me too i'll post you a pic of the dolls that i made.
And i have all my brothers matchbox cars too

PS I wish we could come play
This is a tad embarrassing but my other sister and I, played with our daughters Polly pockets lol we stayed up for hours Christmas night dressing them. yep we felt silly and it wasn't quite the same as it might have been when we were kids but it was fun Embarassed

Robyn I dont have toys from when I was little except one sad stuffed bunny.
when i was about 10 my step father through them all away. I still remember seeing all our toys in the hallway I managed to save a lamp of my little sister but that was about it I think. it was horrible and I still miss my "what's it's face doll" not the kids you get today or 10yers ago when my Daughter was little. it was a material doll and had faces made from material that you could flip over. I've never seen one and really the only reason for this post is the desperate thought that you "doll keeper lady" might have one??????????? oh please have one I'll happy pay for it

Anyone know the doll?
Back to top Go down
caspearson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
caspearson

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008 - 21:30

I haven't heard of that one Cathy. Sounds intriguing. Is it any of these by chance:

http://www.worldcollectorsnet.com/magazine/issue31/iss31p5.html I'm not sure if there's a reference to it in there at all?

I have my doll that I was given when I was about 3. It used to laugh when you threw it in the air. I really loved it but for some reason my brother saw fit to pull it apart and see how it worked doh! One day I'd like to take her to dolly hospital and get her head sewn back on and give her some new hair Lovey

I can't believe your sis' collection Cathy - she should go on the Collectors Very Happy

Cas
Back to top Go down
Amarlismum
Chatzilla
Chatzilla
Amarlismum

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2008 - 22:09

Quote :
I wish we could come play
Me too clap
And the polly pockets you and your sis played with are the new ones the ones i have are they tiny little ones that you couldnt dress. the ones today are nothing like them.
Quote :
when i was about 10 my step father through them all away.
This is why you have so many now, your making up for that. Me i have no excuse.
Quote :
"what's it's face doll"
Was this a handmade doll, like the ones that are little red ridinghood and then you flip her over and she's the big bad wolf?
The one that im looking for is GIGGLES remember her head wobbled and her eyes went from side to side and she giggled like she was on crack lol!
I have this one that when you rotate her arm her face changes expressions, oh im going to have to get them all out of storage now. Did you notice that my thumbelina was sitting in an original Tearie Dearie cradle, i lost the doll Sad
Cas you shouldnt have posted that link, i'll be up all night looking at dolls lmao
Just looked on Cas's link have a look at the one called Saucy thats the one that i have that changes faces, she's a crack up but i never knew what she was called. thanx Cas.
Back to top Go down
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2008 - 8:04

None of those Cas thanks for looking for her
She was all material and her skirt lifted up to cover her face, on the back of each skirt was a new face.
Hope that explains it better.
Quote :

I can't believe your sis' collection Cathy - she should go on the Collectors
Cas what is the collectors? is it a forum your part of lmao

Tell you how my sister’s addiction started. She loved Strawberry short cake and wanted them for her daughter. She didn’t like the new ones in the shop, so went onto eBay. End story. No. she would buy all the cheap ones that no-one else bid on so she would pick up a few dolls with missing bits then find the same doll again with other bits, slowly she built up her collection. Also buying the really grubby ones and cleaning then restitching their hair…
A few she had to pay big money for as they are so rare I think the boy, the witchy thing and the Pie man. Then there are all the horses too.

Quote :
And the polly pockets you and your sis played with are the new ones the ones i have are they tiny little ones that you couldnt dress. the ones today are nothing like them.
My Daughter has some of those tiny ones, she was 2 so 12 years ago they weren’t in the shops long so we didn’t’ get many, they must have been on the way out.

Quote :
Was this a handmade doll, like the ones that are little red ridinghood and then you flip her over and she's the big bad wolf?
No not like those always wanted one like that too. You know I’m going to have a sook I never owned a Barbie doll, I don’t particularly like them now but I so desperately wanted one when I was little, my cousin had a huge collection that I would play with, but….

Robyn I think you get the award for crazy doll collector. great
Back to top Go down
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2008 - 8:45

OK Robyn you have to post all that you have. All the dolls Polly pockets everything. Do you have My little pony’s ? we have a few not many. Do you have smurf’s ????
What else do you have? I have to know lol I’m hanging out lol!
Back to top Go down
shelley
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
shelley

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2008 - 9:44

Quote :

Cas what is the collectors? is it a forum your part of lmao
The BEST show on the tele, that's what!! Gotta love all those loons so passionate about whatever peculiar or conventioanl objects they collect - I love 'em all!
Quote :

Robyn I think you get the award for crazy doll collector. great
Definitely - do you know what those plastic material ones are - the oldies - maybe 1940s?? I really like them.

Oh and my FIL is obsessed with doing Meccano at the moment - he has all these kits from whenever - inlcuding a grandfather clock type mantle clock that he and my DH made many years ago. He has just finished making a ferris wheel with Kit - it is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://shamptons.blogspot.com/
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2008 - 11:14

Quote :
He has just finished making a ferris wheel with Kit - it is pretty good.
My sisters DH mad the ferris wheel not so long ago, it looked great
I'll have to watch the show thanks
Back to top Go down
caspearson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
caspearson

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2008 - 11:16

Oh I just remember that my dad has all his Dinky cars from when he was a kid - some still in their boxes....It would be great if he dug them out of the garage and put them on display Smile

Cas
Back to top Go down
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jun 2008 - 11:16

Cas you'll have to get onto him so we can see Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun 2008 - 22:13

[quote="Amarlismum"]
Quote :
Toys etc - Page 2 Amarlisitting060-1
I'm not just posting in the hope to keep this toy thread alive honest I'm scared
but forgot to say Robyn look at all her clothes Shocked
Back to top Go down
caspearson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
caspearson

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun 2008 - 22:39

She's got more clothes than me!

Cas
Back to top Go down
Amarlismum
Chatzilla
Chatzilla
Amarlismum

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun 2008 - 22:45

She's got more clothes than me too affraid lmao
Ok im guilty, she is the Imelda Marcos of clothes ROFL
Alot of these have been saved from her sisters as they had sooo many they only got to wear things once or twice doh! so i packed them away for my grandkids but Amarli came first ROFL
Back to top Go down
kspeer78
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
kspeer78

Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jul 2008 - 8:39

Hi All,

Most of you probably already know about this site but I was wanting to buy a toy for Blake to help him with his feeding and asked our speechie where to buy it from. The website address is www.therapytoyshop.com - it is an Australian distributor. Some things are pricey but it may give you ideas of things to look out for at the toy shops that you can use as a substitute.

Kylie
Back to top Go down
Amarlismum
Chatzilla
Chatzilla
Amarlismum

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jul 2008 - 8:44

Thanx for that site Kylie, i didnt know about it.
What kind of toy are you getting to help with the feeding?
Back to top Go down
missyflower
Addict
Addict
missyflower

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jul 2008 - 9:24

OMG poor Tori-Shaye is getting ripped off in the toy dept. Her toys consist of 1 big toy box and thats it!! Maybe I need to get used to having a girl I've not had to get all those prams and dolls etc before and its been a while since we've had lotsa toys (her big bro's have gotten rid of all theirs now). Embarassed

It sure would be cool to come and play at your houses!! Smile She would love that.

In all honesty, we don't have a lot of room here. She doesn't have her own room she shares with Mum and Dad.
Back to top Go down
caspearson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
caspearson

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jul 2008 - 9:28

Thanks for the link Kylie. I've only ever looked there for books - didn't think of looking for toys... great idea!

Cas
Back to top Go down
~Danni~
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
~Danni~

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jul 2008 - 11:09

Paige has heaps of toys, more than poor Summer! I havent even gotten Summer any of her own toys yet, but have for her birthday and christmas. I personally love blocks as it helps Paige put them into appropriate holes etc. and she loves her babies and pram! She loves pretend playing! I wanted to get her Dusty The Talking Vacuum but decided against it!

She loves it when our EI lady comes over and brings her toys! She cant contain herself and loves to take everything out of her trolley!
Back to top Go down
http://mummytobe.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Toys etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys etc   Toys etc - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toys etc
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Down Under Forum :: Main - Public Access :: Questions about Down Syndrome-
Jump to: