DS Down Under Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DS Down Under Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Parents beat disabled daughter to death

Go down 
+3
Amarlismum
kiwiaussie
Cath13
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cath13
Chin Wagger
Chin Wagger
Cath13

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Parents beat disabled daughter to death Empty
PostSubject: Parents beat disabled daughter to death   Parents beat disabled daughter to death Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 7:07

Back to top Go down
kiwiaussie
Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
kiwiaussie

Number of posts : 903
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Parents beat disabled daughter to death   Parents beat disabled daughter to death Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 8:04

That's horrific.

I think this is one of the problems with the high rate of abortions for DS. It devalues their lives. What is the difference between killing them then and now?

I bet those parents didn't abuse their other kids that way. When we live in a society that doesn't hold any value for our children, this is what happens.

Lets face it, doctors push for pre-natally diagnosed babies to be 'terminated'. Is it really so surprising that parents think they have the right to 'terminate' their older disabled child?
Back to top Go down
http://imag-e-nation.webs.com
Amarlismum
Chatzilla
Chatzilla
Amarlismum

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Parents beat disabled daughter to death   Parents beat disabled daughter to death Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 9:20

I just read this on MSN Parents beat disabled daughter to death Icon_sad very sad.

Pity the person who wrote the article couldnt get their facts straight when they reported that the child " had mild Down syndrome".
Back to top Go down
Cath13
Chin Wagger
Chin Wagger
Cath13

Number of posts : 373

PostSubject: Re: Parents beat disabled daughter to death   Parents beat disabled daughter to death Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 9:43

I know I saw at that bit as well,and thought ,this is why society has no idea about the facts!
Back to top Go down
Aristocat
Mentor
Mentor
Aristocat

Number of posts : 1263

PostSubject: Re: Parents beat disabled daughter to death   Parents beat disabled daughter to death Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 17:50

Mad so sad. Yeah... mild Down Syndrome. Unbeleivable.
Back to top Go down
http://bugglady.blogspot.com/
Paul
Regular
Regular
Paul

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Parents beat disabled daughter to death   Parents beat disabled daughter to death Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 19:22

Parents beat disabled daughter to death 642264 I dont get it, WHY?
Back to top Go down
Tigger
Mentor
Mentor
Tigger

Number of posts : 1095
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Parents beat disabled daughter to death   Parents beat disabled daughter to death Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009 - 21:42

I just don't understand. Parents beat disabled daughter to death Icon_sad

I am looking forward to getting a bigger house because DH has said that we can foster again when we have room and I am hoping to foster kids with disabilities, preferably kids with DS but I am not going to limit it to kids with DS.
Back to top Go down
MillyMoo
Chin Wagger
Chin Wagger
MillyMoo

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Parents beat disabled daughter to death   Parents beat disabled daughter to death Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 8:40

Yes I read this yesterday too. VERY sad.

You know what angers me more? These parents will probably get a lighter sentence beacuse "they've suffered enough"

I don't know if anyone else remembers years ago a couple of mother's killed their children who had Autism...?? Well, on of those mothers got off scott free! The judge said "due to her son's severe autism and his high needs, this woman has suffered enough"... WTH!?!?!?!?!?!
Makes me so so angry!!

The article says that they killed her because she was greedy!! She wasnt fed enough and would try to steal food from her classmates. Two teachers reported her malnourishment to authorities on two separate occasions and, of course, nothing was done!!
Back to top Go down
kiwiaussie
Habitual Offender
Habitual Offender
kiwiaussie

Number of posts : 903
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Parents beat disabled daughter to death   Parents beat disabled daughter to death Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 9:45

You know, I remember that autism case. It is absolutely disgusting. Why can't our society learn to accept everyone?

I am having a discussion on another forum about this (probably a dumb idea in hindsight), and everyone (well, almost) seems to think it is ok to terminate disabled children. I just don't get it.

If we choose to have children, shouldn't we accept them no matter what package they come in?
Back to top Go down
http://imag-e-nation.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parents beat disabled daughter to death   Parents beat disabled daughter to death Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parents beat disabled daughter to death
Page 1 of 1