DS Down Under Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DS Down Under Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sad story

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Amarlismum
Chatzilla
Chatzilla
Amarlismum

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Sad story Empty
PostSubject: Sad story   Sad story Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008 - 21:17

Back to top Go down
~Danni~
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
~Danni~

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Sad story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad story   Sad story Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008 - 21:19

b$%#!!!! Explode
Back to top Go down
http://mummytobe.blogspot.com/
Di
Addict
Addict
Di

Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Sad story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad story   Sad story Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008 - 21:38

that is incredibly sad. How desperately sad for those poor children that are adopted out to a supposedly better life only to reach another hell. I'm glad you posted Robyn. Makes me want to go lie in bed with Isabella and cuddle her the whole night.

These parents make me feel ill.
Back to top Go down
http://smallactsofkindness-dovic.blogspot.com/
Jules
Addict
Addict
Jules

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Sad story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad story   Sad story Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug 2008 - 22:41

OH that makes me feel so ill.

WARNING, DISTURBING CONTENT AHEAD!

Did anyone see a documentary on adoption from around the world that was on about oh, six months, a year ago? I think it was on the ABC. It was interesting, showing stories of adoptions in all cultures and countries, a young woman who worked in a Romanian orphanage (she was from the UK), and ended up staying in Romania, as she wanted to adopt a child in her care, but they wouldn't let her leave Romania with him, a family adopting from Cambodia, I think it was. Lots of different, uplifting stories in their own way. Then, there was this American couple, who had several children of their own, and decided to adopt from Russia, to give other children who didn't have a chance of it a better life. Marvellous, I thought. They adopted two children from an orphanage in Russia, one of them, a little boy of two, they specifically picked because he had a cleft lip and palate, and they knew he needed them more than any other child. I was rejoicing, until it turned out that the couple were both in jail for his murder. He was badly behaved you see. Didn't show affection (err, that would be from rocking in your cot for 2 years, with no physical affection). They couldn't make him conform to the child they wanted him to be. So, they abused him for 6 months, and then the male adoptive parent put him in a scalding bath, where he sustained 3rd degree burns. Then he refused to call an ambulance to help him for a few days, and he died from septic burns, after days of suffering. I seriously did not know this was coming when watching this doco, and I will never get over it as long as I live.

For some reason, this reminded me of that Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
caspearson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
caspearson

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Sad story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad story   Sad story Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2008 - 0:48

Oh that is awful! It's amazing to think that they passed all the psych tests to adopt in the first place. So sad when you know people who have no children and are waiting to adopt. Sometimes the world just seems so unfair and mucked up!

Cas
Back to top Go down
http://pearsonspalladium.spaces.live.com/
Sponsored content

Sad story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad story   Sad story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sad story
Page 1 of 1