DS Down Under Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DS Down Under Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OK, so it's not a book yet....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ella's Mum
Ella's Mum

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-09-19

OK, so it's not a book yet.... Empty
PostSubject: OK, so it's not a book yet....   OK, so it's not a book yet.... Icon_minitimeTue 20 Apr 2010 - 19:30

...but I thought others might be interested in this.

From Voice, March 2010:

Submissions are being sought from parents (both Mums and Dads) who have a child with Down syndrome, and are keen to write about their experiences: of how they dealt with their child's diagnosis: of what they thought life would be like with their child and how, in reality it has turned out to be: and the gifts (for instance, acceptance, repect, love, courage and delight) that child has bought into their lives.

The submissions will be compiled into a national book, with the working title Now I See. The book is aimed at raising awareness (and challenging outdated ideas) about life in Australia today for children with Down syndrome and their parents. All submissions will be considered.

http://www.nowisee.com.au/Site/call_for_submissions.html

I am having a go at this. It's harder than I thought it would be!
Back to top Go down
shelley
Gas Bag
Gas Bag
shelley

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: OK, so it's not a book yet....   OK, so it's not a book yet.... Icon_minitimeTue 20 Apr 2010 - 22:03

OK, so it's not a book yet.... 956797 That's great - the more of us who give it a go the better I reckon. I have sent in a submission - I think it is a great idea OK, so it's not a book yet.... Icon_cheers . It took me a while to write it - although a lot of that was simply making my words/meaning clear. The hardest part was deciding on a focus for what I wanted to say - once I had that I simply wrote out a draft - and then spent ages tidying it up... OK, so it's not a book yet.... Icon_rolleyes Oh and then I had to go through the hundreds of photoes I have of the brats to try and find one where they both looked good OK, so it's not a book yet.... Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
http://shamptons.blogspot.com/
caspearson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
caspearson

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: OK, so it's not a book yet....   OK, so it's not a book yet.... Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010 - 0:18

Thanks for posting about this! It does look very involved.... but very worthwhile! I wrote a couple of pieces early on for an online magazine that I might be able to tweak Razz (that way I won't feel the pressure of writing an essay hehe)

Cas
Back to top Go down
http://pearsonspalladium.spaces.live.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK, so it's not a book yet....   OK, so it's not a book yet.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OK, so it's not a book yet....
Page 1 of 1