DS Down Under Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DS Down Under Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Down Syndrome girl has cosmetic surgery to 'fit in'

Go down 
+4
caspearson
Aristocat
Aden's mummy
Admin
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

Number of posts : 1941
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Down Syndrome girl has cosmetic surgery to 'fit in' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down Syndrome girl has cosmetic surgery to 'fit in'   Down Syndrome girl has cosmetic surgery to 'fit in' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Mar 2008 - 20:49

A

Last edited by Aden's mummy on Tue 18 Mar 2008 - 18:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://4ever-blessed.blogspot.com/
marialena
Freshie
Freshie
marialena

Number of posts : 95
Location : Victoria - Central Gippsland - maria.roncan@internode.on.net

PostSubject: Re: Down Syndrome girl has cosmetic surgery to 'fit in'   Down Syndrome girl has cosmetic surgery to 'fit in' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Mar 2008 - 21:34

Hi all,

We must not write publicly about people that can’t explain the reason of their attitude or defend themselves, quote figures out of the blue, facts that we don’t know the reason behind. Cathy, you shouldn’t have copied Dash’s post on the Forum and add those comments for these reasons. If I am upset it must have been a big disappointment to me.

Chezzy’s mum
Back to top Go down
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

PostSubject: Re: Down Syndrome girl has cosmetic surgery to 'fit in'   Down Syndrome girl has cosmetic surgery to 'fit in' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Mar 2008 - 18:48

Yes your right Marialena I shouldn’t have I actually thought her comments were interesting and I posted the same on the other forum as I did here which has ended up her and I talking via PM. I hadn’t meant to leave her name in. I have seen on forums often quotes from other sites so I had never thought much of it other then it helps us all to understand where others are coming from.
Also giving us possibly some idea how others feel. She has opened my heart more to these parents just for the record we are friends and my following posts weren’t actually directed to her.
I do agree that we shouldn’t judge these parent and I do think it is incredibly sad that they have felt the way they have and felt like they had no other choice to do this to their daughter.
I really believe that society has let them down.
I will remove my posts now because I really don’t want to upset anyone. I really only meant for this to help us all understand were others are coming from.
Cas your on the other site you will see there was no hard feeling between Dash and I, it was us really against the other posters. [/size]

I am really sorry marialena for upsetting you I never meant to
Back to top Go down
marialena
Freshie
Freshie
marialena

Number of posts : 95
Location : Victoria - Central Gippsland - maria.roncan@internode.on.net

PostSubject: Re: Down Syndrome girl has cosmetic surgery to 'fit in'   Down Syndrome girl has cosmetic surgery to 'fit in' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Mar 2008 - 6:36

Hi Cathy, apologies accepted. The issue here was really about the negative descriptions of people with DS over 25 years of age from Dash and you. Chezzy is nearly 43 and never been in an institution like thousands of others. There are many people with DS over 25 around that did very well and, most important, are very happy and acceped in their community where they live.
I apologise for not been more specific in my post, but this is what I wanted to say and parents of older people with DS that did the best they could for them with what they had we didn't deserve comments that will sure make many of us very sad. This Forum is to help everyone and I would like to see only positive and helpful remarks here. Sorry Cathy, for the missundestanding (and my bad english). Ciao, Marialena
Back to top Go down
Aden's mummy
Devoted Poster
Devoted Poster
Aden's mummy

PostSubject: Re: Down Syndrome girl has cosmetic surgery to 'fit in'   Down Syndrome girl has cosmetic surgery to 'fit in' - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Mar 2008 - 7:30

I understand I was upset over the comments about people over the age of 25 an had hoped to say that her comments were misinformed and there are many reasons why some people might first appear shy. and how wrong it is to comment that why.
Also I had hoped that having the story of the 40year old lady with Down syndrome that I had met, who was lovely not shy would also show that people with Down syndrome are all different with their own personalities.
Her mother also didn’t put her into an institution.
I wouldn’t never put down someone either for having put their child in an institution.
I have seen film clips of loving family’s led to believe that this was he best thing for their children.

I guess I was just trying to educate people why some people might not have eye contact. My own son 18year now has terrible eye contact he has an Autism spectrum disorder .
Changing his face isn’t’ going to change his eye contact. His underlying invisible to the eye problems cant be change

Anyway sorry it all upset you.
These news articles are extremely upsetting. You wouldn’t even know if the story’s are told in truth to begin with, knowing the papers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down Syndrome girl has cosmetic surgery to 'fit in'   Down Syndrome girl has cosmetic surgery to 'fit in' - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down Syndrome girl has cosmetic surgery to 'fit in'
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Down Under Forum :: Main - Public Access :: News Watch-
Jump to: