DS Down Under Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DS Down Under Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A new chapter for inspirational Sarah: 'You'll never read or write' ... now she's a star author

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-01-24

A new chapter for inspirational Sarah: 'You'll never read or write' ... now she's a star author Empty
PostSubject: A new chapter for inspirational Sarah: 'You'll never read or write' ... now she's a star author   A new chapter for inspirational Sarah: 'You'll never read or write' ... now she's a star author Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2008 - 21:12

Evening Courier (UK) - 1 July 2008

Quote :
DOCTORS once told June Morris that her young daughter would never read and write after diagnosing her with Down's Syndrome.

Ever since Sarah Morris has been defying the odds and now, aged 35, she has had her first book of poetry published...
read more...
Back to top Go down
https://dsdownunder.forumakers.com/
bubsy
Freshie
Freshie
bubsy

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-06-08

A new chapter for inspirational Sarah: 'You'll never read or write' ... now she's a star author Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new chapter for inspirational Sarah: 'You'll never read or write' ... now she's a star author   A new chapter for inspirational Sarah: 'You'll never read or write' ... now she's a star author Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jul 2008 - 22:58

Wow, This post took to me straight away as we were told EXACTLY the same way when Louise was diagnosed, "She will never read, never write and be slow and retarted her whole life".
This from the top Pead here in Perth. Charming hey???? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
caspearson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
caspearson

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: A new chapter for inspirational Sarah: 'You'll never read or write' ... now she's a star author   A new chapter for inspirational Sarah: 'You'll never read or write' ... now she's a star author Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jul 2008 - 23:20

Good think you don't believe that rubbish!! gggrrrr

I told my friend who's a paed in Perth how to tell people so hopefully he'll spread the word to his colleagues...

Cas
Back to top Go down
http://pearsonspalladium.spaces.live.com/
bubsy
Freshie
Freshie
bubsy

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: A new chapter for inspirational Sarah: 'You'll never read or write' ... now she's a star author   A new chapter for inspirational Sarah: 'You'll never read or write' ... now she's a star author Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jul 2008 - 23:58

I actually did an article in the paper when Louise was 3 months old about how I was told for DS Awareness. Of course the name of the Pead wasn't on it though!!! LOL I have to say, in her defense though, that when Louise was really sick in hospital, we had no choice but to have her and she was always right on the ball with what was wrong with Louise. She just didn't have a clue about DS itself, if you know what I mean??
Whos your Pead friend Cas??? If you don't mind me asking?? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new chapter for inspirational Sarah: 'You'll never read or write' ... now she's a star author   A new chapter for inspirational Sarah: 'You'll never read or write' ... now she's a star author Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new chapter for inspirational Sarah: 'You'll never read or write' ... now she's a star author
Page 1 of 1